JKOwners Forum banner

Off Road Evolution Tire Carrier/ Rear Armor Arrived

36K views 109 replies 48 participants last post by  fourplyn 
#1 ·
So a couple of days ago this stuff showed up for me at Moose512's body shop...

These are the exact units off of Mel's ORE rig which was at SEMA.
He just added the tube fender for me, the set was originally the Outlaw set which had no rear fender. I am going to be cutting off the lower tube on the rear of the armor as I am going to run a rear bumper. Sucks to have to cut off such killer work.

I'll update when installed. Still waiting on the new hardware and my rig is still waiting for the new clutch and tires, both of which on back order, so it is perched up on the hoist at ROCO4x4 any way for the next few weeks.

Meanwhile the ORE stuff will be prepped and painted, hopefully ready to install before Jeep Beach.

See less See more
#7 ·
dibs on your red rock fab rear bumper and carrier! :)

#16 ·
Clutch should be here by weeks end.. installed and rig buttoned up by end of next week, down to your shop by the first week of May... then Jeep Beach the week after...

The big question is the 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers that have been on eternal back order. Suppose to be here by the end of next week... fingers crossed!

The paint looks SAWEEET!

#24 ·
Clutch should be here by weeks end.. installed and rig buttoned up by end of next week, down to your shop by the first week of May... then Jeep Beach the week after...

The big question is the 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers that have been on eternal back order. Suppose to be here by the end of next week... fingers crossed!

The paint looks SAWEEET!
I can see it now....My wife is going to have to drive my Jeep to Daytona because I will be installing the armor with the Jeep on the trailer as we drive up the turnpike at 70mph!! :thefinger:

#27 ·
Are the beveled corners now standard? I've never seen Evo Armor in person, but I think I like the bevels better than the original rounded corners. It looks like it hugs the body better leaves less gap to fill with the top gusset. :smokin:

Bryan.

#29 ·
Mel is a good guy. I spoke to him today about some business and let him know that since I posted these pictures on both forums, and Hitmoney is not on Eddie's Christmas card list, I was banned today from the forum that he supports!!

Kind of ironic that he sponsors a forum that deletes posts about his products but JKO shows support regardless.

If enough of us voice our opinions to Offroad Evolution they will have no choice but to reevaluate who they associate with.

#32 ·
These look great Moose, nice job! I can't wait to see them on Hitmoney's Jeep with the 40's. Let the JK envy begin ...

Nice work on getting banned, I guess you found out how far you could push Eddie. My wife and I couldn't stop laughing tonight when I got your email about it, that's classic! :laughing2::laughing2: Welcome to the banned club. :D

#33 ·
Sorry guys... well not really.. you were long over due. :thefinger:

Just know that whats going on behind the curtain over there is fawking hilarious!

Even in the uber secret and trusted forum. :thefinger:

And don't even ask.

And BTW..... hope you feel better. :thefinger:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.